Monday, December 5, 2011

New Hope in 2012

For 2012, we have committed to give $89,352 on 31 commitment cards. If you have not turned in your commitment, it is not too late. Just place it in an offering plate.

Wednesday night we adopted a budget for 2012. The total is $140,985. We hope to expand our space for Bible Study classrooms and have placed $10,000 in the budget toward a modular building that we are studying. We also expect to need more help in the nursery and have increased our budget for nursery workers. Based on our giving so far this year, we estimate that we will give approximately $160,000 next year. That means we will make good progress toward adding better facilities. We also will develop a “Master Plan” of the future of our facilities as we look toward the future.

We also voted to begin a Building Fund. I encourage all of us to give our budget tithes and offerings first and then give to the building fund over and above that amount.

I am grateful every day for you, my church, and my loving community in Christ. Thank you for the gifts you gave the church staff on the night of our Thanksgiving meal. We are grateful to be working with you to build a healthy church.

Fleda and I are glad that God brought us to New Hope. God has blessed us through you. Here is the best part of being your pastor: I get to study the Bible and try to tell you on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings what I think I hear God saying. You encourage me by your desire to learn. You encourage me by your listening, learning, and growing in Christ. It is obvious that you want God’s message to shape your lives and our church.

No comments: