Friday, November 4, 2011

As We Grow: God's Tender Mercies

I don’t often change my sermon plans in the middle of the week, but this week I have done it. The reason is twofold.
1. Two young adults are ready to be baptized and talked to me about it Wednesday night.
2. We are observing communion today.
So I have changed my plans for my sermon today. It seems very important to talk to the whole congregation about the importance of baptism and of the Lord’s Supper and why we obey Jesus and do these two things Jesus told us to do.

The other day, I asked several people to pray for New Hope as we grow. We now have Sunday morning Bible Study Classes that need larger rooms. We have the potential to have three or four babies with us on Sunday and/or Wednesday, and we have only one baby bed in our small nursery. When you pray, ask God to give us guidance in answering the questions: How are we going to expand our buildings to match the growth we are experiencing? How are we going to raise the money we need to pay for that expansion?

Last Sunday as we dedicated Drew and Dusti Heil’s sons, Andrew and Ashton, we also dedicated T. J. and Stephanie Pullin’s daughter, Finley. Then we welcomed Drew and Dusti as new members of New Hope. Dusti came to us on promise of a letter of recommendation from another church. Drew came asking us to baptize him. We have scheduled his baptism for Sunday, October 23 at 2pm. Further details will be forthcoming. We give our thanks to God for all His goodness and tender mercies.

No comments: