Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Growth and Unity in Serving Christ

It was a good week. At our fourth annual Vacation Bible School, attendance was around 20. I enjoyed seeing some adults and youth working with children this year for the first time at New Hope, namely, Beth Gibbons, David Gibbons, Mike Wright, Nell Vandiver, Aloma Briggs, Elaine Hardy, Joanne Kirk, Sam Senatro, Kaytee Williams, and Toren Ford-Jones. Several children participated who were new to our VBS.

My prayer is that their experiences with us helped them to know how much God loves them.

This is the fourth year in a row that Leesa Holloway has taken on the important task of organizing and directing our VBS. We thank Leesa and all the workers she recruited.

I spoke with Dr. Doran McCarty the other evening. Dr. McCarty was my immediate predecessor as pastor of New Hope. I invited him to come and be our speaker for our 13th anniversary celebration on Sunday, August 16, at 5:30. He graciously accepted. I am very thankful, and we all are fortunate. In that same conversation, I told him that we were holding our fourth VBS. I knew this would be good news to him since the first one was under his leadership as pastor in the summer of 2005. As I expected, Dr. McCarty celebrated with me. Together we expressed our admiration for the people of this church family and our gratitude that God is granting New Hope growth and unity in serving Christ.

No comments: