Friday, September 3, 2010

Membership Covenant

People who complete the new member class, “New Hope 101,” and decide they want to join our church are asked to sign the covenant that you see below. These are promises we are asking our members to make to God and to each other for the sake of our church’s spiritual health.

Having received Christ as my Savior and Lord and having been baptized and being in agreement with New Hope’s statements, strategy, and structure, I now feel led by the Holy Spirit to unite with the New Hope Baptist Church family. In doing so, I commit myself to God and to the other members to do the following.

1. I will protect the unity of my church.

· I will act in love toward other members.

· I will refuse to gossip.

· I will follow the leaders.

2. I will share the responsibility of my church.

· I will pray for its growth.

· I will build relationships with unbelievers and invite them to attend.

· I will warmly welcome those who visit.

3. I will serve the ministry of my church.

· I will discover my gifts.

· I will be equipped to serve by my pastors.

· I will develop a servant’s heart.

4. I will support the testimony of my church.

· I will attend faithfully.

· I will live a godly life.

· I will give regularly and proportionately from my income.

I believe that if we can all make and keep these promises to God and each other, we will grow. Healthy churches grow.

No comments: