Monday, May 31, 2010

Real Love on TV; Bahamian Pastors

Real Love by Greg Baer has helped me to understand why people do what they do. Greg Baer’s seminar on DVD and his Real Love Bible Workbook have been the most important materials I have found for changing my attitudes and becoming a more loving person. In the fall, I am going to start a Real Love Group at New Hope.

The television show "World's Strictest Parents" asked Dr. Baer to consult with the producers to integrate Real Love into the show. The episode follows the Cooper family as they take in two children and help integrate them into their family unit.

The show will air on CMT (Country Music Television) on the following dates: Saturday, June 5, 8:00 pm; Sunday, June 6, 2:00 pm; Wednesday, June 9, 4:00 pm; Thursday, June 10, 6:00 pm; Tuesday, June 15, 5:00 pm; Saturday, June 19, 4:00 pm. I look forward to watching this show to see how Real Love helps this family.

Fleda and I will fly to The Bahamas on July 12. I will spend five evenings teaching a group of Bahamian Baptist pastors some of the basics of Pastoral Care. I will give each of them a copy of Understanding Your Grief, the book we used here at New Hope as the guide for our Grief Support Group. I’ll sharing with them my experience with leading groups. I’ll also teach them the principles of Real Love to help them with pastoral counseling. I will lead them in a survey of Cecil Sherman’s book, The Life and Work of the Pastor.

When you pray, ask God to give me wisdom as I prepare to teach and to give Fleda and me some relaxation and renewal as we enjoy the island of Abaco.

No comments: